The most widely used and successful speech recognition solution in medical practices around the country. Dragon Medical has been selected by more than 180,000 clinicians worldwide to document care directly in and electronic health record (EHR). Dragon Medical Practice Edition is the first solution from Nuance Healthcare designed for use not by only doctors but also nurses, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, therapists, and other care providers for use in small-mid-sized physician practices. See Dragon Medical In Action Dragon Medical Practice Edition introduces the fastest, most efficient way for medical professionals to create medical records, medical correspondence, or email messages. Dragon Medical Practice Edition introduces a new, faster speech recognition engine that is 15% more accurate than Dragon Medical 10.
This solution turns voice into text three times faster than most people can type, with up to 99% accuracy, using any Windows®-based EHR system. Dragon Medical Practice Edition includes vocabularies covering nearly 60 medical specialties and subspecialties. Making EHRs easy to use by significantly reducing the number of mouse clicks and typing, Dragon Medical Practice Edition enables clinicians to document care much more efficiently. This solution seamlessly drives all major EHR systems, including those from Allscripts MyWay, Allscripts Professional, NextGen Ambulatory EHR, eClinicaIWorks®, athenaClinicals®, Henry Shein MicroMD, PracticeFusion, and Greenway”. For practices with less than 25 physicians, Dragon Medical Practice Edition is Nuance’s real-time speech recognition solution designed specifically to meet the needs of busy clinicians. MORE EFFICIENT CARE
* Dictate Faster and More Accurately Than Ever. Dragon Medical Practice Edition is up to 15% more accurate than Dragon Medical 10– saving valuable minutes. Additionally, Dragon Medical Practice Edition has virtually instant response time, saving clinicians valuable minutes in their day.
* Dictate Anywhere in Your EHR System. Dragon Medical Practice Edition allows clinicians to dictate anywhere in an EHR system, while reviewing Lab Tests, Patient History, or Current Medications. Clinicians no longer have to click back and forth between information they’re reviewing and the dictation window. They dictate while reviewing information, and the Hidden Mode feature allows the clinician to paste the dictation directly where he or she wants it.
* Accelerate Clinician Adoption and Acceptance of EHR Systems. Dragon Medical Practice Edition reduces time spent documenting care in an EHR: – Voice commands specific to each EHR reduce the amount of searching and mouse-clicks needed to move to the right screens. – “Free text” open dictation of medical decision making (History of Present Illness, Assessment, Plan, and other elements of a medical note) directly into the EHR eliminates the need for clinicians to type.
MORE EFFECTIVE CARE Clinicians receive the following advantages from Dragon Medical Practice Edition over Versions 8, 9, and 10 or non-Medical products:
* Spend More Time with Patients. Increased accuracy and fewer errors to correct means clinicians can spend more time with patients, improving patient satisfaction.
* Dictate in Your Own Words. Dragon Medical Practice Edition free-text dictation capability supports more detailed History of Present Illness, more flexible Review of Symptoms, and more descriptive Assessment and Plan–the “medical decision-making” aspects of the note–which give referring clinicians and ancillary providers a clearer and more detailed patient assessment and prognosis.
* Secure Patient Information. Dragon Medical Practice Edition supports HIPAA compliance guidelines to protect patient confidentiality.
* Improve Clinician Satisfaction. Clinicians who use Dragon Medical report that it significantly improves their enjoyment of practicing medicine. By allowing them to use their time more effectively, clinicians’ quality of life is improved. MORE PROFITABLE CARE Clinicians receive the following advantages from Dragon Medical Practice Edition over versions 8, 9, or 10 or non- Medical products:
* Dramatically Reduce the Cost of Documentation. Eliminate transcription by speech-enabling the EHR, freeing up resources to focus more on patients and invest in methods to help practice efficiency. Practices that are using Dragon Medical today are dramatically reducing transcription costs, which range from $ 500 to $ 1,000 a month per physician.
* Support Appropriate Levels of Reimbursement. Independent studies have shown that clinicians create more detailed notes with Dragon Medical than with notes built with point-and-click, template-only EHR menus.
* Increase Practice Volume. Faster, more accurate response reduces time spent on dictation, allowing clinicians to see more patients and increase practice revenue and profitability.
More Medical Articles