January 14, 2019 AT 8:55 am
NCCE Talk: Circuit Playground=Iterative Education #CircuitPlaygroundExpress #Adafruit
On Tuesday, February 26 8:30 am–11:30 am, Aaron Maurer will present a workshop entitled Circuit Playground=Iterative Education at NCCE:This half day workshop will be spent exploring all the options available to you on the MakeCode. We will explore all the different applications of MakeCode with the Circuit Playground. We will go through a series of builds and learning cycles to empower you to be ready to incorporate the Circuit Playground into your classroom and school. (Attendees will receive a Circuit Playground kit with registration.)Workshop Objectives:
1. Participants will be able to imagine and build creative circuits.
2. Participants will be able to build simple and effective programs using the free MakeCode coding program that will support a Circuit Playground design challenge.
3. Participants will learn how to create and solve open ended design challenges using the Circuit Playground.
4. Participants will learn how to build/use a variety of sensors that provide feedback.
5. Participants will explore how the Circuit Playground resources and methodologies support learning outcomes in their classroom.
6. Participants will explore these questions: Where do innovations come from? Can their emergence be influenced?Check out the workshop information and signup at the NCCE site here.
Our Ladyada (Limor Fried) was nominated for Red Hat’s Women in Open Source Award! Please vote for her! Visit: https://www.redhat.com/en/about/women-in-open-sourceStop breadboarding and soldering – start making immediately! Adafruit’s Circuit Playground is jam-packed with LEDs, sensors, buttons, alligator clip pads and more. Build projects with Circuit Playground in a few minutes with the drag-and-drop MakeCode programming site, learn computer science using the CS Discoveries class on code.org, jump into CircuitPython to learn Python and hardware together, or even use Arduino IDE. Circuit Playground Express is the newest and best Circuit Playground board, with support for MakeCode, CircuitPython, and Arduino. It has a powerful processor, 10 NeoPixels, mini speaker, InfraRed receive and transmit, two buttons, a switch, 14 alligator clip pads, and lots of sensors: capacitive touch, IR proximity, temperature, light, motion and sound. A whole wide world of electronics and coding is waiting for you, and it fits in the palm of your hand.Join 10,000+ makers on Adafruit’s Discord channels and be part of the community! http://adafru.it/discordCircuitPython 2019!Have an amazing project to share? Join the SHOW-AND-TELL every Wednesday night at 7:30pm ET on Google+ Hangouts.Join us every Wednesday night at 8pm ET for Ask an Engineer!Follow Adafruit on Instagram for top secret new products, behinds the scenes and more https://www.instagram.com/adafruit/
Maker Business — Indiegogo helps raise money, and dabbles in incubationWearables — Set, flash, repeatElectronics — Keep this in mind when working on project layoutBiohacking — Sleep LoadingPython for Microcontrollers — Python snakes its way to TI calculators and more! #Python #Adafruit #CircuitPython @circuitpython @micropython @ThePSF @AdafruitGet the only spam-free daily newsletter about wearables, running a “maker business”, electronic tips and more! Subscribe at AdafruitDaily.com !
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.